Welcome Guest. Sign in or Ask a qustion

Questions & Answers Do you have "life" questions? Search below and we hope to guide you with answers.
1 Answers

If my family member touches me in a way that I do not like, should I tell?

Asked by: 2279 views , , , , , ,
Abuse, Bullying, Health, Parents, Sex

1 Answers

  1. Best Answer

    GirlSmarts on Sep 18, 2012 Reply


    You should always tell when anyone touches you in a manner that makes you feel uncomfortable.

    If anyone ever touches you in a sexual or physical manner and you do not want them to, it is inappropriate behavior. No one has the right to touch you without your permission.

    It is natural to be scared to tell someone but it is important that you talk to a trusted adult as soon as possible. If the person who hurt you is someone in your family you can go to a teacher or a counsellor that you believe will not endanger you further. This person can help you get the assistance you need.

    If you are having pain or bleeding you may have to go to the doctor. If you think you were raped you may have to have a vaginal exam to make sure that you have no injuries. An adult you trust can also help you deal with the situation emotionally.

    There are also hot lines available for you to call, and support groups that are more than willing to accept you and listen to your story, and help in any way they can.

    For instance, 1-800-799-SAFE is the national domestic violence hotline and 1-800-656-HOPE is the national sexual assault hotline.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Disclaimer: All health information on Girlsmarts.org is for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a trusted adult/guardian or professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never disregard parental or professional medical advice or delay in seeking these because of something you have read on the Girlsmarts.org website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call a trusted adult and your doctor or 911 immediately.

Answer Question