Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

Questions & Answers Do you have "life" questions? Search below and we hope to guide you with answers.
1 Answers

Are all STDs curable?

Asked by: 2398 views , , , ,
Dating, Sex, STDs

1 Answers

  1. Best Answer

    GirlSmarts on May 22, 2012 Reply

    Unfortunately, no. There are many different types of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). Some of which are curable, and some which are not.

    In general, there are two types of STDs: viral and bacterial. Bacterial STDs are curable with prescribed antibiotics. Viral STDs are not curable, but often can be treated to keep symptoms from flaring up.

    For example, Herpes, HPV/genital warts, and HIV are STDs that are not curable, but all have medicines that can be used to treat and control complaints that these infections can cause.

    Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis are examples of bacterial infections. These kinds of infections can be cured with antibiotics. It’s very important to take all the medication given by your health care provider to ensure the infection is cured. It is also a good idea to follow up with your doctor after treatment afterwards to make sure that the infection is really gone.

    The best way to prevent from contracting an STD is to abstain from having sex. if you are sexually active, always using a condom during any kind of sex act is the best way to prevent getting a STD. It’s also important to get you and your partner tested on a regular basis if you are sexually active or concerned about STDs.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

    Disclaimer: All health information on Girlsmarts.org is for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a trusted adult/guardian or professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never disregard parental or professional medical advice or delay in seeking these because of something you have read on the Girlsmarts.org website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call a trusted adult and your doctor or 911 immediately.

Answer Question